Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Paper or Plastic Raffia Dilemma

If you've ever thought of working with raffia, you would know what I'm talking about. I've a colorful stash of both, Paper raffia and Plastic raffia. I always face this dilemma when I'm working on a new crochet project and don't know what yarn to use to make it if I'm given 2 choices.

I'm thinking of making a crocheted bag out of this stash. Here's my options to consider:

While plastic raffia colors looks bright, perky and sunny, paper raffia colors looks a bit dull even if I'm using a bright color like take for eg: red.

Plastic raffia shines, but paper raffia doesn't.

Plastic raffia is washable, paper raffia is not.

Plastic raffia tends to break faster, paper raffia is stronger in comparison.

Plastic raffia is a bit rough. Paper raffia is crunchy and not so rough.

Let me think about what to use for my project FIRST. I'm going ot use them both anyways ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers